Vision, Mission and Values
At Oran Park Anglican College we strive to be a vibrant learning community that impacts every member for Jesus, through life-changing, caring, quality Christian education.
We do this by growing a strong and sustainable College community that nurtures Christ-shaped values of courage, curiosity, craftsmanship, collaboration and compassion.
As an Anglican College within the Diocese of Sydney, our programs, curriculum, approach to pastoral care and discipline are informed and underpinned by the values, principles and truths contained in the Bible. What we believe influences what we do.
Our ethos is therefore both Christian and Anglican. Our Christian Studies Program, which is taught from Prep to Year 12, is designed to help students to understand Christianity so that as they mature, they can make an informed assessment of its relevance to their life.
All members of the staff are personally committed to living by the beliefs and principles contained in the following statement:
- The fundamental truths of Christianity are contained in the Bible.
- The Bible declares that there is one God, who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The purpose of the Bible is to bring people to salvation by trusting in Jesus Christ and to teach people the right way to live, so that they may be fully equipped for every good thing that God wants them to do.
- Jesus Christ was in very nature God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, dead and buried. He rose again on the third day and will one day come again to judge the living and the dead.
- Only by faith in Jesus Christ can people be saved from the consequences of their sin, have assurance of forgiveness, the Holy Spirit’s presence in their lives and eternal life.
At the heart of the culture of the College are five values. These values reflect our Christian beliefs and commitment to providing meaningful and personal learning experiences for every student.
Courage is demonstrated when a person shows bravery to do the right thing and persists in the face of difficulty. They don’t quit until they reach their goal. Through the development of strength of character, resilience and determination, students have the confidence to stand up for what is right, respond to the needs of others and make a positive, purposeful contribution to the world around them.
Curiosity is having the desire to know more and go beyond the shallow answers to seek creative solutions. We encourage our students to develop a love of learning that extends beyond classroom requirements.
Craftsmanship involves taking pride in producing work that is as good as it can be; it requires determination, carefulness, thoughtfulness and the willingness to reflect and improve on mistakes and practise the hard parts. We value a holistic education and seek to see each student develop their God-given gifts and promote the development in artistic, athletic, social and spiritual gifts alongside the intellect.
Collaboration requires communication and teamwork to achieve a common purpose. In working as part of a team a person needs to show respect, be trustworthy and honest.
Compassion is an expression of our shared humanity and a desire to care for others as we take on the mind and heart of Jesus. It is showing understanding of others and treating them with kindness and generosity; finding ways to serve others.